PC World - MySpace Offers Music Downloads

PC World - MySpace Offers Music Downloads: "MySpace.com is launching a new music download service that emphasizes music from independent artists, the latest in a string of services announced in recent weeks that hope to topple iTunes from its crown.

Some of the services, such as one backed by Universal Music Group, are even offering music for free, backed by advertising services. But analysts say they'll have trouble toppling Apple Computer's iTunes, which has staked out a solid position in what's becoming a crowded music download market.

'Ultimately it's a volume business, and the market isn't large enough to sustain 20 different services,' said Jonathan Arber, research analyst for Ovum in London.

The service from MySpace.com, which is in beta, lets users sell their own songs through their personalized MySpace home pages. The company has partnered with Snocap, a company founded by Napster founder Shawn Fanning, for some of the technology behind the service."

Comments

Anonymous said…
does myspace allow to download site
Anonymous said…
I've been browsing online more than 3 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It is pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be much more useful than ever before.

my blog Dayton Movers
Anonymous said…
Howdy! Someone in my Myspace group shared this site with us so I came to
give it a look. I'm definitely loving the information.
I'm bookmarking and will be tweeting this to my followers!
Fantastic blog and brilliant design and style.

My web blog :: somatodrol funciona - myfirstclasslife.com,

Popular Posts